If you’re brand new to blogging, you’re in the right place.
First, check out this video that describes what exactly a blog is.
What's In This Post?
How to Comment
For our brand new bloggers who may have never commented on a blog before, I’ve made you this quick tutorial.
The next step if you’re blogging with students is to make sure you have all the permission you need. This post will help. It outlines a three step process we recommend and includes sample notes you can use too.
Starting Your Blog
This new 15 minute video tutorial walks you through setting up your blog. It’s like a quick start guide to get you going if you’re totally new to blogging.
Want to go over some of the topics covered in this video again?
Here are the links to the specific written tutorials.
- Signing up for your blog
- Logging in to your blog
- Using your dashboard
- Publishing your first post
- Editing a published post
- Writing a page
- Changing settings like your blog title, tagline, time zone and language
- Changing your theme
Note About CampusPress
Before signing up with Edublogs, you might want to check if your district or state already has a CampusPress subscription. This is Edublogs with your school’s own branding and some premium features.
If your school or district does have a CampusPress subscription, instead of going to edublogs.org to get your blog, head straight to your CampusPress site.
Help and Support
Now it’s time to explore our help and support site further. This is the place where you can find everything you need to know about setting up and customizing your blog.
Make yourself familiar with the search function and the user guides.
- TIME Not sure if you have time to blog? This post offers some suggestions on how to face this obstacle.
- PARENTS Want to get your students’ families engaging with your class blog? Here are some ideas and examples for you.
- PRIVACY Unsure whether your students should be publishing publicly online? We weigh up the pros and cons, and explain the options available with your privacy settings.
- CLASS BLOGS Want to look at examples of different types of blogs? We maintain a list of various examples of blogs which should provide you with some inspiration.
- STUDENT BLOGS Interested in student blogs or digital portfolios? Take a look at the way other teachers use student blogs in the classroom.
- POST IDEAS Not sure what to write about? We have a mega guide of over 100 prompts and ideas for blogging with students. If you’re a teacher blogger, we have ideas for you too.
Need more help? You can email our support team any time.